My pizza crust recipe (use half to make smaller pizzas)
1/2 jar of white sauce (Alfredo or garlic parmesan, etc.) or ricotta cheese
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup tomato sauce
- After the dough is ready, place pizza stone in center rack preheat oven to 515 F. Wait for it to reach temperature, then add 20 minutes before making your pizza.
- Work your dough on a lightly floured surface into a large circle no larger than the width of your pizza stone. Transfer to a pizza peel covered with parchment paper. (An easy way to do this is dust the top of the round with flour, then fold the ends over into thirds. Lift gently, then place onto the parchment paper, quickly unfolding the shape back into a circle.)
- Spread white sauce (or ricotta) evenly around the circle... leave a 1-2" space around the perimeter.
- Spread the mozzarella around the center... then spread the cheddar cheese around the mozzarella creating a while halo or hub in the middle of the pizza, surrounded by the cheddar. If you want a three color effect, lightly brush the edges of the dough with tomato sauce.
- Bake the pizza for 4 - 7 minutes (the time depends on your oven).
- Remove from oven with a pizza peel, slide onto a serving platter, slice and serve. Save the real candy corn for the end of the meal!