- 32 ounces ricotta cheese, drained
- 1 orange (for 2 teaspoons orange zest/grated rind)
- ⅓ cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 18 graham crackers (2 packets from a 14 oz box)
- 1 stick butter
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Generously grease a springform pan with butter.
- For graham cracker crust, crush graham crackers in food processor until consistency of bread crumbs; stir with melted butter until mixture holds shape when squeezed. If needed, add a little more melted butter.
- Firmly press graham cracker “crust” into bottom and along bottom sides of spring form pan; set aside.
- Sift together flour and sugar in small mixing bowl.
- In medium bowl, stir together ricotta cheese and orange zest. Slowly fold in flour mixture with spatula until well blended and smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, continuing to blend with spatula. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour batter into spring form pan and gently smooth top with spatula.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, until cake is firm all the way to top center. Cool completely and refrigerate for 2-3 hours to set.
If you enjoyed this post, please share it with your friends... tell them about Grand Voyage Italy! Ciao!